Money raised through Doncare's seven opportunity shops fund services to help the most disadvantaged and vulnerable members of the local community. Doncare programs and services support the community across all life stages, assisting:
- families with babies or young children experiencing parenting difficulties;
- low-income families experiencing financial hardship;
- isolated elderly residents;
- individuals needing counselling; and
- women and children who have experienced family violence.
The opportunity shops are staffed and managed by volunteer Committees of Management and teams of volunteers. They are frequently seeking new volunteers to join the rosters - morning or afternoon shifts. Please either approach the shops directly or contact Doncare.
The shops can be supported in a variety of ways:
- Donations of good qualtiy items;
- Supplying last season's stock or factory seconds;
- Shopping at the opportunity shops.
For further information on Doncare and Op shop locations please click here https://doncare.org.au/op-shops